What is a cookie?
What are cookies used for?
Cookies have different functions, which can be divided into three categories: functional cookies, analytical cookies and tracking cookies. Functional cookies are cookies that are required for the websites to function. This includes cookies that remember which language setting you have chosen. Analytical cookies are used, among other things, to measure the quality and effectiveness of the websites, for example by registering visitor statistics. Usually Google Analytics is used for this. Tracking cookies are cookies that register your surfing behavior on the websites, so that your profile can be compiled on the basis of which information relevant to you – such as advertisements – can be shown.
- Recognize users and user permissions;
- Remember user preferences and settings, such as language settings, video settings, but also linking a profile picture to a user account;
- Select and purchase articles on the websites and to record surf activities and purchases and link them to user accounts;
- Additionally secure the user’s sessions (for example when making an appointment, when linking third-party websites) and for managing sessions within the website;
- Show personalized content and advertisements and warn you about new information, articles and services;
- Show relevant advertisements on partner sites;
- Combine your surfing, searching and buying behavior;
- Enable links to social media such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube and related advertising services;
- To carry out general and functional analyzes with regard to the use of the website;
- Collect, analyze and manage statistics on visitors;
- Monitor the technical state of the websites and optimize the websites.
Google uses this information to keep track of how you use the websites, to compile reports on the websites activity for website operators and to offer other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or if these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not combine your IP address with other data held by Google. By using this website you consent to the processing of the information by Google in the manner and for the purposes described above.
Determine yourself which cookies you accept
In most cases you can instruct your browser to accept all cookies or to warn you when a cookie is offered. You can then decide whether you accept the cookie or not. For the specific settings we refer to the manual of your browser, usually found under ‘Help’ in the toolbar of most browsers.
Example Google Chrome:
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Click View advanced settings.
In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings button.
In the ‘Cookies’ section you can change the cookie settings.
Example Internet Explorer 11.0:
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click on the Privacy tab.
Now you can set whether cookies should be allowed, selected or blocked.
With OK you confirm the setting.
Click the new Firefox Menu button and choose Options
Click the Privacy panel.
With OK you confirm the settings.
Delete cookies in Chrome:
Click on the icon with 3 lines at the top right. Clock Tools > Clear browsing data. Make sure in any case that ‘Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data’ is checked. You can also indicate how old the cookies should be. Select ‘All’ here.
Delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
Go to the Tools menu > Internet Options > General. Under Browse history, clock Delete. You may not want to delete everything. Make sure that in any case Cookies is checked and click on Delete.
Delete cookies in Firefox:
Go to Tools > Options > Privacy. Click Clear your recent history. Under Details you can indicate exactly what you want to delete. Check in any case Cookies. You can also indicate how old the cookies should be. Select ‘All’ here.
Where can I find information about updates to this policy?
Which cookies does the websites use?
Decospan uses various cookies on its website that have functional, analytical and tracking functions. An overview of the cookies used on the websites can be donwloaded through the link below.
- This statement is available in other languages on request via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cette déclaration est disponible sur demande dans d'autres langues via email@example.com.
- Diese Erklärung ist in anderen Sprachen auf Anfrage über firstname.lastname@example.org erhältlich.